Thursday 21 February 2013

Week 6 :)

 This week was my sixth week of work experience. When I arrived at the school I met one of the receptionists and many of the teachers. I went into the office and they asked me to count out more of the Lotto envelopes. After I had finished that , one of the teachers showed me how to work the fax machine. It was a busy morning as the boys in sixth class had made their Confirmation the day before. 

After little break I went into 2nd class. I was observing their maths lesson and I helped out with their Irish. The teacher the asked me to teach a little boy English, as he was knew in the school and he hadn't many words. I was teaching him the alphabet and helping him to figure out the sounds of the letters. There was also pictures beside each letter to help him out so I was helping him to figure out the different ones. 

After lunch I delivered letters and lotto envelopes to each class and I then went back into 2nd class and they went to PE. I played some games with them like snatch the bacon. It was very enjoyable. The boys then presented there history projects to the class about 'when there grandparents were in school'. They all had interesting facts and they knew what they were saying. They finished there day off with music. They were learning a song about a sheep that lost its way. It was very good and they were really good at singing. I had a really good day and I really enjoyed being in the classroom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment